About Me

I am an Aerospace Engineer with specialties in flutter, fluid structure interactions, and the use of CFD in a production environment. My dissertation shows how to improve the state-of-the-art unsteady CFD performance by 2 orders of magnitude. I am an engineer, a pilot, a marksman, a husband, and a dad.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hoerner's Fluid Dynamics


Sighard Hoerner's Fluid Dynamic Drag and Fluid Dynamic Lift are classic references in aerospace engineering and fluid dynamics. These books are wonderful for rapid design and analysis work; I adore my copies.

The books remain under copyright until 2045.


I have received multiple requests for purchasing information. Unfortunately (as of 2014), the copyright holder does not have a website or publicly visible contact information. After some due diligence, I found their information:

Distributor of Hoerner Fluid Dynamics
9815 Bourbon Rose Court
Bakersfield, CA 93311
(661) 965-3901

You can also reach them via email at:
hoernerfdy@sbcglobal.net
 

The books (April 2014) are \$100 each plus \$7 to \$9 shipping.


Lift ISBN: 978-9998831636

Drag ISBN: 978-9991194448

No comments:

Post a Comment